Re: Suspension mods a tad cheaper

From: Ron Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Dec 24 1997 - 13:25:14 EST

On Wed, 24 Dec 1997, John Michael Foster wrote:

> I've done these mods. myself and I think the Hellwig sway bar from J.C Whitneys was
> a little cheaper and the same thickness and also comes with the uerethane bushings
> and bolts on to existing holes already located in the frame.

  Yeah, the Hellwig setup is a little bit cheaper, but judging from the
pictures it appears to clamp to the frame. That's not a minus, I would
just prefer to use bolts. According to Frank's antiswaybar FAQ, the
Hellwig rear is 3/4" and the Addco is 7/8". If his measurement of the
stock front bar is correct (1 3/32"; we both have V8 SLT club cabs), I
will probably not buy the Addco front. Granted, stiffness is exponential,
but I'm not too keen on a $110 outlay for another 1/8" of swaybar. I will
probably upgrade all sway bar bushings to urethane, in any case.

  Do you ever adjust your end links? The adjustable ones look pretty
clever.

  Thanks for the reply,

  Ron