Re: Intermediate Shaft, Truck is in the shop (Long)

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 1997 - 13:57:13 EST

<snips>
John
Be real careful on this one. Please look at a previous post I did on this
in the archives. It was a few months ago that I posted it but don't
remeber when. I don't want to repeat it all here, but the upshot was I
had the same leak, thought the same thing on my '93 Dak. The dealer
"fixed" it. The next day the truck caught fire and turned into a total
loss. It was in immaculate condition and perfect running order except
for the leak prior to the dealer "fixing" the leak.

Richard
e-mail me directly, if you wish. I'd hate to see this happen to anyone
else.

>3) Oil is leaking from either the distributor shaft O-ring, or the
>back
>of the intake manifold :( Will have to tear the top of the engine down
>to locate for sure, double :(
<snip, again>