Re: Product Reviews Requested

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jan 05 1998 - 09:07:03 EST

<snip>
>K&N Air Filter "Injector" Kit,
I've had one on my '95 since it was available from K&N and really like
it. Some people claim that there is a "whistle" from their FIPKs; never
heard it on mine, just that great big sucking sound (not NAFTA) of the
engine inhaling.

>by the way, what do you do with the Crankcase Inlet Air Filter with
>one of
>these installed? The K&N FIPK has an inlet in the base for the stock
hose

 Any performance/reliability impacts with taking warm
>engine-compartment air into the engine/crank?)

I'm looking into a RAM AIR BOX out of Ontario, CANADA to bring cooler air
to the FIPK. The under hood air doesn't seem to stifle the performance at
all. It's so much better than the stock (which was very good), that the
only problem may be in my mind. Another possibility is a cowl induction
hood, but I prefer the RamAir Box; it's "stealthier."

>GlassPacked Mufflers/Turbo Mufflers (is it worth it to replace the
>stock
>muffler if I don't replace the headers, y-pipe, cat, etc?) Any
>brand/model recommendations?
FWIW, I don't like the "cackle of Glasspaks. Went with the Gibson
cat-back and am very pleased. I didn't get the y-pipe replaced and
haven't gotten the headers yet, either.