Re: Dakota TSB, Loud popping/bang/clunk

From: Matthew Brandes (mbrandes@realworks.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 1998 - 09:02:23 EST

I have this EXACT SAME PROBLEM on my '97 CC. They told me there was
nothing they could do about it. They wouldn't let you see the TSB? How
strange is that?? There is a website somewhere that lists these things..
let me know if you get a copy of it.

At 11:16 PM 1/6/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Dakota TSB # 23-65-97
> Loud popping/bang/clunk noise when makeing a
>sharp turn up an incline.
> Caused by rear cab isolator mounting bolts
>fix: some new parts for the isolator, possible grinding needed
>on sleeve. (Wow, sounds fun, is it tempered, how thin can I get it...)
>applies to:
>'98 club cab 4x2, may apply to all cabs, 4x4's
>does require some new parts, which are never stocked by dealer.
>
> This sounds like the thing for me, so it's the next step, parts are
>on order.
> Dealer is treating the TSB as a top secret document, I can't see it.
>As if it would help Ford or GM if I saw it.
> Anyone know if C.Corp has a mail list for TSB's?
>Mike

Matthew Brandes

First Reatly Advisors, Inc.
1901 W. 47th Place #300