Re: zeeskrwubart

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat Jan 10 1998 - 21:15:04 EST

>now the stuff
>has a lot of bubbles and when you break them open, water drips out.
>Thus, I conclude that the undercoating is now trapping the water.

Yep...sounds like a problem.....My undercoating is about 5 years old...no
bubbles yet...

>Now. grant you that in this area of Central New York, rock salt is ultra
>cheap because they mine it all over the place around here. It is a lot
>more corrosive than table salt, so all vehicles that drive on
>publicroads get a nasty dose of the stuff - even in the spring. It turns
>to dust, the road is almost white, and it pelts the underside of the
>vehicle.

I know what you mean...I live in Pittsburgh, PA....cinders aint so bad, but
the salt is like poison to the underside of vehicles....

Funny, my wife's 85 Reliant is NOT undercoated, and seems perfectly ok,
corrosion wise...Maybe I should have NOT had the dealer undercoat my Dakota
in 93......