Re: 97 brakes

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 00:53:17 EST

<< I have had that problem on many cars or trucks. Warped rotors can be
 caused by improperly tightened wheels (especially mags). It is not a
 good idea to install lug nuts with a impact wrench but many people do it
 anyway. The proper way is to use a torque wrench set to veichle specs
 and tighten lugs in a proper sequence. Use of a impact sure can warp
 rotors on any veichle. >>

   All my rotors and drums warped on me on my '93. The drums were a design
flaw because of too large a counterweight causing the wheel to make the drum
warp. The rotors also warped just from regular braking. I put another mopar
drum on the back and it warped. I replaced it with a Wagner drum and no
problems with it.