Re: Glue on Dakota

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 15:04:22 EST

I=27ve discovered that a product called Goo-Gone (available from places =
like Home Depot or Builders Square) is pretty good at removing glue and =
such. I don=27t know for sure that it=27s safe for auto paint, so you =
probably want to read the bottle and/or test it first, but I know it was =
safe for fiberglass gelcoat (where I used it)

Good luck
  Brett

>>> Chad Clifton <mcc=40theonramp.net> 01/12 2:37 PM >>>
Hello. My =2795 Dakota Club Cab Sport 3.9L V6 has glue on it from where
the previous owner had glued on his business signs. I just bought the
truck and its in great condition except for the Glue on the left and
right front fenders and the glue on the tailgate.

Any suggestions on how I might remove this glue without hurting my
paint?

Thanks,
                Chad Clifton