Re: Glue on Dakota

From: David Brown (dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 13 1998 - 15:00:56 EST

Hello. My '95 Dakota Club Cab Sport 3.9L V6 has glue on it from where
the previous owner had glued on his business signs.

Any suggestions on how I might remove this glue without hurting my
paint?

Thanks, Chad Clifton
Because it's the paint job in jeopardy here, I'd use a product specifically
designed for the job, even though you wind up paying more than the equivalent
raw product. BTW, 3M has a sticker and adhesive remover product.

I'd caution against using Goof-Off because it contains acetone. Acetone works
well for clean up when stripping auto paint. Unless you get a recommendation
from a local trusted auto painter, I'd just spend the couple extra dollars.

--
David Brown              Mailto:dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu