re: Plywood for Carpeted Bed??

From: John Neff (^jndneff^@flash.net)
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 23:55:13 EST

The weight of the carpet and the plywood keeps it in place. There are no
rattles or shifting panels. I used a skill saw, tape measure, 48"
straight edge, and a pencil to mark out the bed outline on the plywood,
then just cut it. It does not have to be a perfect fit. The glue I used
was regular indoor carpet glue I purchased from Home Depot. I also
bought the carpet from them. The interior of the cab of my Toyota was
black and gray. The carpet in the bed was black/grey. I could not have
asked for a better match. It took me about 2 hours to do the whole
project in my drive way at night with a flood lamp. I know this is
sounding like a hack job, but it came out very well. You just need to
have an idea of what you want the finished job to look like and a plan
on how you are going to make it look like that.

John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, AUTO!, 3.92LSD, DDBC, T&H Package, power
everything, Billet Grill, Nerf Bars

If you use plywood to put carpet on the bed of a truck, then how can you

attach the plywood to the bed itself? It seems to me that no matter how

good of a craftsman you are, a perfect, rattle-less fit would be near
impossible. What type of adhesive did you use, and where can I get it?
It looks like I have a new spring parking- lot project. (I'm at
college, and they don't have individual garages for us (Imagine that)).
Thanks,
    Robert Trottmann rotrottmann@davidson.edu
http://thelma.davidson.edu/rotrottmann/web/default.htm

--
remove anti spam ^'s from address to reply