Re: M1 manifold

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 23:49:04 EST

<< Today I received an M1 manifold, the Magnum rocker covers, Comp cam .533
 int .544 ext and a set of Mopar lifters. What I am looking for is some
 advice on throttle bodies and injectors. I want to go with a four barrel
 TB. I am running a Vortech. I probably won't install this camshaft. If
 anybody is interested in a cam that isn't computer compatible send me an
 e-mail. Anyways, here's an update on my 360 build up. I have an engine
 builder who is going to do the work for me for approximately $3000 for the
 short block. A lot of this money is for the custom Ross pistons. I am
 debating how much I want to spend. To go with a 360 I will have to go with
 an aftermarket computer, about another $1000. I also need injectors, fuel
 rails, and a TB. This should all be together and in the truck late July
 early August. I'll keep everybody posted as to my progress. As always if
 there is anyone out there with any suggestions please let me know.

 Dan

 94 Sport 5.2 Vortech 5/5 RT >>

Dan, I remember seeing in a Mopar magazine about using that M1 manifold on a
Magnum motor. Seems the manifold has the bosses for factory injectors. I
also noted that Magnum Performance sells high flow injectors. Pair the two
together, might work. Also BG racing carberators makes a throttle body out of
"Holley" 4 barrel, double pumper castings. Might be worth looking into.

Brad

P.S. Thanks again for the deal on the FIPK! I love that sound!!!!