Exhaust and stereo questions.

From: Sperduto, Nick (SperdutoN@mail.dnb.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 11:07:00 EST

Hello again all, Thanks for all your previous advice, I went and
purchased nerf bars and an extang tonneau cover and some husky floor
mats. I have a couple of more questions.
For reference, truck is 98 dak cc 4wd sport. v8 auto 45 days old. 4800
miles on it.

First question is it sounds like my truck has an exhaust leak, kind of
like a leaky exhaust manifold, leaks only under acceleration. It's not
real loud, but more noticeable when engine is cold. at first I though it
was an engine ping.
The dealer tells me it's normal catalytic converter noise (98 dak cc
with a v8) anyone else notice this noise.

Second question, I have the infinity stereo system and it when I have
all the speakers set equally between left and right and front and back,
it seems like one of the speaker on the left side is cutting in and out,
but not completely going on and off, almost like someone is turning the
volume up and down a little. Also, if I play the right side speakers
alone, they seem to be clearer, than If I play the left ones alone, kind
of like the treble is turned up only on the one side.
It's not absolutely noticable, but it's starting to annoy me. When
sitting in the drivers seat and the speakers set equally, i can hear the
right sides more than I can the left, and usually you tend to hear the
speakers closer to you.
I'm afraid if I take it to the dealer they're going to tell me I'm nuts,
I haven't had a chance to let any of my friends confirm this.
I have a feeling it's the tweeter speaker cutting in and out. It seems
to be worse on when guitar solos and stuff like that are playing. I know
somthing like this was just discussed, but I didn't read all the
postings, so you can just e-mail me directly instead of clogging the dml
anymore.
Also, could someone let me know the webpage for tsb #'s again, I
misplaced the piece of paper I wrote it on.
Thanks,
Nick