Re: Wet floorboards

From: CudaVision (CudaVision@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 13:25:59 EST

I have a 92 Dakota CC Sport - same exact problem (pass. side)

I found a slight solution but the problem persists....

The water on the roof runs down the the rain gutter inside the door (open the
door and look at the structure of the door opening next to the black
weatherstripping). As the water runs down pass the hinges it gets to the
bottom (horizontal section of the door). If the flow rate is great enough
(heavy downpour), the water actual goes through the weatherstripping and under
the plastic door sill with the ironic "Quality Engineered by Chrysler logo).
This continuous flood of water then sits under your carpet causing a puddle
underneath your floor mat.

Hopefully Chrysler has redesigned this significant flaw in the '97 Dakota. If
any body at Chrysler is ready this board please comment as my '72 Barracuda
doesn't even leak/flood like this.