Re: Extended warranty...

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 23:12:49 EST

> Yep, you're right. I certainly didn't have to spend $20K, and
> fortunately everything so far has been covered under the 3/36 warrantee.
> But still, a bad water pump at 15K miles and a half a valve job at 23K
> miles? That's pretty lame, grumble, grumble, ...
>
> The only Mitsubishi engine/drivetrain offered in the minivans since
> early 90s is the 3.0L V6/3spd auto (I think). The 3.3L and 3.8L V6s both
> use the CC A4 4spd auto transaxle. If you check out the
> rec.autos.makers.chrysler usenet group, you will find lots o unhappy
> campers with the Chrysler A4. Looks like its only taken them 6-8 years
> to work the kinks out, as the one in my GV is still running well at 35K
> miles (knock on wood) ;>.
>

> jeff
> Still love my 98 RC V8 5spd 3.55LSD

Oh well, nobody's perfect, it does take a while to work the kinks out of
new designs, that what makes Dodge trucks so dependable, the engines in
the Ram and Dak have been basically the same design for decades, I mean
they've always offered a 5.2 and a 5.8 V8 they don't have any of this
constantly changing engine size like Ford and Chevy (Ford's the worst, one
year they have a 5.0 and a 5.6, the next year they have a 5.2 and a 5.4,
and all kinds of other wierd sizes)what they don't realize is by
constantly changing the engine you never have a chance to work the kinks
out of your design, maybe they'll eventually figure it out (After Dodge
has all their business :) ).....

Bruce