Re: Dealer and shop manual question

From: John C. Worden (sciroco@mint.net)
Date: Wed Jan 21 1998 - 10:26:52 EST

>6-8 weeks otherwise and that seamed reasonable. Two weeks later, I called
>back to see what the status was and they said it was "being built" at that
>time. End of December seemed out, but I figured the 6-8 weeks seemed likely
>if it were in the building stage then. Well, 7.5 weeks have passed, and
>each week since #2 the truck's status has remained "being built". For me to
>get the truck by Friday (8 weeks), it would certainly be in the shipping
>
>Phil Caskey

A friend of mine ordered a Ram 2500 turbo diesel in min september and just
got it 2 days ago. He had delays on the fuel tank and then the engine was
going to be held up to wait for the new one; after a couple of weeks they
resumed production with the old motor. Anyway whenever he checked on
it(the 800 number mentioned on another reply) it was in transit. To dodge
this means it has left the factory. It may spend weeks across the street
in the lot waiting to be shipped, but they still consider it "in transit".
BTW there apparently is some sort of rail car shortage(again).

John '98 Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto