Wheel Bolt Patterns

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 00:01:18 EST

today on my way to work i saw an older dakota two wheel drive, musta been
like an '87 or '88, but one thing that struck me was the number of lug nuts
in the bolt pattern. it had a 5 lug pattern that appeared to be 4.5". is
this true?? i hate the 6 lug pattern on my dakota and would like to switch
over to 5 lug to make it easier to find aftermarket rims and plus i want to
switch over to an older mopar 8 3/4 rear end with the 4.5 inch bolt
pattern. anyone know if i can swap the front suspension from an older model
into my '97??? jus wonderin, i know i prolly sound like a dork who is
asking "Why does my cupholder not hold a double gulp from 7-11?"

any help would be appreciated.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit, "R/T" Bumblebee Stripe. Lakewood Traction Bars. 15.60@85.40
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car

My Woman? Yes My Dog? Maybe

My Dodge? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!