Re: Header clearance problem

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 1998 - 23:18:15 EST

Dan Myers wrote:

> Michael Clark wrote:
>
> > Ok I have a favor to ask of all the Doug Thorley guys out there.
> >

> Michael, I have a 92, my headers have been on since 94. I have about a 1/4
> inch space between the pipe and the frame. Maybe a motor mount is loose or
> broke or another hanger on the exhaust that lets hit shift and hit the
> frame. Dan

1/4" sounds like plenty. Probably couldn't get more than a couple of
sheets of paper between mine and even that close it doesn't hit unles
the engine is running rough or when braking sometimes. I think I will
take it to a shop and get someone elses opinion on it. If everything is
tight I think it may be possible to shift the motor over maybe 1/4 inch
and that should take care of it. Thanks for your help guys, and I'll
keep everyone posted on how it turns out.

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto, DDBC, MP SBEC