Re: Slight modifications

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 17:14:25 EST

> Glad to hear about your success with the Addco bars. Did the urethane
> bushings come with the bar or did you have to buy them separately? If so
> where did you get them and how much, please. Who did yu order the bar
> from and how much did they charge you for that?

  Hmmm, seems that I posted alla this info recently, but here goes
anyway.

  I talked to the nice folks at Addco (get their 800 # from information
or the Web), and they answered all my questions very politely. More
impressively, they told me NOT to order the kit from them, but order
it locally from AutoZone instead. I saved around $50, even considering
sales tax. Total came to roughly $110 for kit #416 (7/8" bar). Addco
can tell you who your closest local dealer is. They pointed me to
AutoZone and Pep Boys, and AutoZone was significantly cheaper for the
same kit.

  Trouble was that I couldn't order the kit with urethane bushings (#416U)
from AutoZone, but that wasn't much problem since I had already planned
to get Energy Suspension greaseable bushings from Jeg's anyway. I paid
roughly $25 for the rear urethane bushings ($14 for frame bushings, $11
for end link grommets). I also ordered 28mm bushings for the stock front
bar (not in the catalog, so they're backordered), but measure your bar
before you order any urethane bushings.

  Trust me, this is a lot cheaper than the $180-190 that some of the Web
and mailorder houses wanted for the rear Addco bar.

> What are your thoughts on the cat-back? I really like the Gibson on my
> DAK.

  Dunno. I wanted an Edelbrock stainless powerflo muffler, but since
they don't offer a cat-back exhaust system for my '95, I'd have to
have a system welded up myself. Since I'm much too lazy for that, I'll
probably go to the single 3" Gibson system. More flow and less hardware
than the split output.

  Ron