Re: hello

From: T & J (starwolf@bewellnet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 23:07:18 EST

  From: Tim Roller
            starwolf@bewellnet.com

   thur.22, 8:45pm
To:whtshelby@AOL.com

  A big howdy from Colorado Springs,CO.
  Now to your questions: First you can get the DAKS up to 150 by installing
gear ratios around 2.50's and having at least 10 miles of flat road to play
with, but with a stock engine and the lowest gears available which are
3.21's-there is no way. Second question as to headers-Doug
thorley,Headman,the factory chrome ones, or the other various well made
models, it's all in how much you want to pay( $150- $550.00). If you want
topend, headers and ignition changes by themselves won't do it. You also
need a higher lift cam,better rocker arms than stock, open air or ram air
intake, 21/2-3" DUAL exhaust, a computer change-over along with oversize
injectors(if so equipped) so you don't run a lean motor at topend,and
changing out your rearend and narrowing it to fit from an early New Yorker
or other such land yacht type car that had ratios down in the
2.whatever..Of course you wouldn't have any low end torque, but you would
be the talk of the town at the Salt Lake Flats-- YAHOOO!!

----

----