FIPK vs. open element was Order times

From: Thinknet (thinknet@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 23:00:59 EST

ok ok now for a real question, what are the advantages of a FIPK vs. a open
element filter? and visa versa? we will assume for this discussion that
they are both the same brand. the reason that i am asking this is that in
the jegs catalog that i just got it shows a bunch of open element filters
(by K&N and others)then it shows a FIPK by K&N, but this one looks totally
different. i thought that they were the same thing (and they still might
be for all i know, i thought i sorta knew some things about twisting
wrenches but the jegs catalog showed me i still have a lot more to learn
before i can even call myself a "weekend warrior" in this)

thanks,

Cuervo