Re: sway bars

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 11:17:57 EST

> Ok, enough sway bar talk, now I want one. My truck doesn't have a front
> or rear bar.

  You've got to be kidding me. I can't imagine how that '93 of yours
turns, regular cab or no. The difference in handling on my Club Cab
with the addition of the 7/8" rear bar to the stock 28mm front bar
was impressive. Adding both front and rear bars has got to be nothing
short of phenomenal.

> My question is, with out a stock bar are there any other
> things I need to install an aftermarket one? I think I will need the
> brackets that go on the frame in front, what about the end links?

  Addco lists front kits for Dakotas, both with and without stock bars.
The part #s for trucks w/out bars include more hardware. I doubt you
would even have to drill anything in the front of your '93; the kit
should come with everything you need, making it a true bolt-on mod.
These front bars are 1 1/8", just slightly bigger than my 28mm ~= 1 3/32".

  My only tip is to order the kits with urethane bushings, or order those
separately if you want the greaseable ones (Addco urethane bushings are
not greaseable, but you could tap the I.D. out and shove some in there).

  Ron