From: Mike (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 02:26:14 EST

> video all over Arkansas under all sorts of conditions
>and terrain. For the
> last eight years, I've driven a 1986 Chevy Suburban
> 4 X 4 to haul all sorts
> of expensive broadcast video camera gear, lighting
>and grip equipment, plus
> a medium-sized P.A. system for use in public meetings.

It's not a Dakota, but I'd suggest a HMMWV (Hummer). Get the
cargo version. If you gotta go in the sticks, off a road,
and don't want a tow truck, the HMMWV is THE WAY to do it.
get the diesel. I don't know if the state can get a gvmt. model
at the gvmt. price, or if you have to get it from a new car lot.
Maybe the national guard can loan one for a months trial.
There is just no stopping it. (Well, if you REALLY try).
The gvmt. version with the 24 VDC system has a huge generator/alt
in it, and could run a AV system while idleing.
The hardtop wagon version is difficult to secure, and park in town,
but you are asking for off-road.
 Mike

--
 "What a waste it is to lose one's mind.  Or not to have a mind
is being very wasteful. How true that is."- Vice Pres. D. Quayle