Re: RE>Ram Wagon 4WD Conversion

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 09:06:09 EST

> It's not a Dakota, but I'd suggest a HMMWV (Hummer). Get the
> cargo version. If you gotta go in the sticks, off a road,
> and don't want a tow truck, the HMMWV is THE WAY to do it.
> get the diesel. I don't know if the state can get a gvmt. model
> at the gvmt. price, or if you have to get it from a new car lot.
> Maybe the national guard can loan one for a months trial.
> There is just no stopping it. (Well, if you REALLY try).
> The gvmt. version with the 24 VDC system has a huge generator/alt
> in it, and could run a AV system while idleing.
> The hardtop wagon version is difficult to secure, and park in town,
> but you are asking for off-road.
> Mike

I would be inclined to agree with Mike, I mean there have been Hummers
that've taken a direct hit by a rocket (In Gulf War) and still keep going,
and from what I hear their 4WD capabilities are beyond compare, if you
could talk them into buying it you'd never have to worry about getting
stuck....

Bruce