RE: Dealer Hoot

From: Phil Caskey (pcaskey@conelec.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 08:00:28 EST

On Friday, January 23, 1998 8:52 AM, Phil Caskey [SMTP:pcaskey@conelec.com]
wrote:
> Thought I'd share an amusing (irritating) line of $#^@% I got from my
> dealer:
(snip)
> He *finally* gave me the number after I *twice* insisted that I was
willing
> to take those "risks". I'm considering canceling the order and buying the
> closest thing I can find off of someone *else's* lot.
>
> Phil
> Still waiting on my 98 CC 4x4 SLT+

Well, FWIW, I just picked up (from a *different* dealer) my beautiful new
98 CC 4x4 V8 3.92 SLT+, forest green & driftwood, FT 4WD. And to answer my
earlier question and settle the matter, yes it does shift from 2WD to 4WD
PT, 4WD FT and 4WD lo.

It had 124 miles since it was a dealer trade, and I added another 100 last
night. This morning, I woke up and it wasn't a dream; the truck was still
in the garage all shiny and beautiful. It'll be back to the dealer in a few
days, though, because the tailgate protector came in "messed up", and the
original dealer still has the door lock remotes. Also, there's a dime-sized
ding in the hood that'll have to be fixed, but hey, it builds character.

Thanks to all who have answered my multitude of questions.

Phil
Proud new owner of the world's greatest truck.