Dealer Hoot

From: Phil Caskey (pcaskey@conelec.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 08:52:09 EST

Thought I'd share an amusing (irritating) line of $#^@% I got from my
dealer:

I called to get the Vehicle Order Number (VON) and was told that the
dealership owner was out, and the number "wasn't on my folder", so I should
call back "tomorrow". When I called back, I was put on hold for about 5
min., and the salesman told me that the dealership did not have access to
the VON (then why did he say the previous day that this "phantom" number
wasn't on my folder...). When I insisted that I knew that they *had* to
have a VON, he started spewing nonsense about what the owner had told him.
So I asked to speak with the owner.

A few minutes later, the owner gets on the phone and starts telling me that
"They're all union people up there and they really get mad when people
start messing around with this information" (like it really matters if
"they" are union or not), and "we just had this happen not too long ago
where a woman had all kinds of problems with shipping delays, etc., etc.,
 after she started 'messing around' with her VON". He went on to claim
that "they" would do things like hide my truck so it wouldn't get shipped,
yadda yadda yadda.

What makes me so mad is that this dealership thinks I fell of the turnip
truck last night. Really makes me wonder what he's hiding that he has to
come up with these lines. And the salesman trying to tell me that they
don't have access to the VON! Sheesh!

He *finally* gave me the number after I *twice* insisted that I was willing
to take those "risks". I'm considering canceling the order and buying the
closest thing I can find off of someone *else's* lot.

Phil
Still waiting on my 98 CC 4x4 SLT+