my first 1/4mile and LSD: Was 3.55 vs. 3.92 gears

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 22:51:19 EST

acasey@io.com wrote:
> I have 3.21's on my 94 and had LSD installed after 2 years. What a
> difference. It droped my best et by .7 seconds, the biggest single
> drop of any mod I have done. Traction is a wonderful thing.
> Alan...

Holy Freeholies Batman! 7 tenths? Man, I want sure grip now fer shure.

Just this weekend I finally got around to runing my truck through the
1/4 mile. (sorry for not posting sooner on this)

        ME '97 ext. cab Ram, 360, 3.55 gears, auto

R/T 1.021 | .619

60 2.448 | 2.419

330 6.437 | 6.936

1/8 9.730 | 10.699
MPH 74.69 | 65.50

1000 12.619 | ???? (no time on slip?)

1/4 15.088 | 16.730
MPH 90.82 | 80.66

Only got to do one pass, the next day was a big anual Super Bowl
pro-stock
event and the pits were crowded with some nice high-dolar rigs. The
pros were able to cut in line so that slowed things down, and then when
we were getting in line they had a wreck so that shut things down for
about 30 mins. Took about an hour and a half to go from tech to the
starting line. I was sooo close to that 14, another run and I think I'd
have gotten it. When we got to the line I was the last one to stage and
so just as I got the stage light to come on the three ambers started, so
I torqued it to about 1500 and when I did I almost rolled forward so I
let off and by that time the green was lit... so.... Got first and
second gear rubber (not a lot, but enough that I could feel the rear end
moving around) hehe, 'bout halfway down I realized OD was on (I don't
think it would have engaged anyway) but I clicked it off for good
measure, and just
enjoyed the ride the rest of the time (aint autos nice).

What are your 60' times Alan? I know that if I had gotten another crack
at it I could have turned a 14.something. If I could take 7 tenths out
of that with suregrip I'd be running low 14's....... man, tempting.

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto, DDBC, MP SBEC