Re: RE: Low Fuel Warning Question

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 1998 - 21:03:16 EST

With my '95 V8 3.90 I got 375 miles on a tank
O'gas last November... I was looking at 17
mpg x 22 gallons = 374 miles (when I was
driving and trying to figure out how far I could
go).
    When I filled up I put in exactly 21.000
gallons... Which worked out to 17.857 mpg...
My fuel light came on at 320 miles... SO 54
miles later @ 17+ mpg.... Figure about 40
miles after the fuel light, then you'd probably
be ok. My fuel light comes on at about
17.75-18.5 gallons. Depending when it came
on, I can gauge about what kind of gas mileage
I am getting, and how much farther I can go.

Sam '95 SLT

Home page = http://members.home.net/srp/