Re: Low Fuel Warning Question

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 1998 - 14:10:17 EST

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:23:32 -0600, you wrote:

>I've had other cars with DTE computers and the only time they can be =
close to
>accurate is if you drive a steady speed from fillup to empty. If you fil=
 up and
>hit the highway your computer will claim a much greater DTE than if you =
are in
>stop and go traffic which will show a lower number. As driving =
conditions
>change the computer trys to ajust the reading but it is nearly =
impossable to
>get a accurate reading.

Agreed. I drive thirty-five miles on a empty highway to work. No stop
and go at all. Take today, as I arrived at work, I noted that it
claimed I had 98 MTE. Drove home the same way I drove in, cruise on,
70 MPH. As I got home it read 15 MTE. This is flatland, no hills. It
is inaccurate as hell...

        Steve

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....