Re: FIPK for V6

From: 00gtomo@bsuvc.bsu.edu
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 20:10:04 EST

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, JAMES HAGSTROM wrote:

> ** Low Priority **
>
> What are the part numbers for a generic and K&N V6 set up and where
> can these items be purchased? I want to install a K&N filter and want to
> save money on the can or whatever else is needed.
>
> Jim

Jim,

I bought my setup from Summit Racing. They are a mail order company and
have very reasonable prices. Sorry, can't remember the part numbers, but
they have a web site, http://www.summitracing.com and you should be able
to get a catalog sent to you using their web site. I went with a 10"
Edelbrock chrome air cleaner and a K&N filter. I think the filter was for
a Jeep application and the air cleaner is just a generic cleaner. Adds a
nice touch to the engine compartment and for about half the price of the
K&N FIPK. You also might want to think about using a S-bolt to bolt the
air cleaner down with and get rid of the plate that covers a good portion
of the TBI. After I installed this on my 92 V6 I noticed a big difference
in performance and sound.

Just my $0.02

Gregg
92 CC V6, msd ignition and blaster 3 coil, FIPK clone w/s-bolt