Re: End of line....

From: WhtShelby@AOL.COM
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 22:15:46 EST

As for pulling a trailer with a Dakota v. a RAM, I have been told by folks at
the dealership (who tow race cars on a regular basis), that the maximum GVW is
based upon STOPPING the load, and not so much in pulling the load.

Seems to make sense. With the proper gearing and enough HP, nearly any load
should be displaced. However, stopping the same load in a reasonable distance
on a regular basis will generate gobs of heat. And we all know what a
detriment heat is.....