Re: Re: Two Computers are better than one

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 1998 - 19:12:30 EST

> >Does anyone know of a kit that will allow you to switch
> between the stock
> >computer and the High HP computer? You know so you could
> drive around
> >normal like and maintain MPG, then when the need is there
> you flip a switch
> >and your hooked in to the other one and now you have the
> power.
> >GV
> >
> >I don't why you would want to do this.You can change
> SBECs in less than five minutes.

Something switch selectable from the dash would be pretty cool. Kind of
like the 'Turbo' switch on a PC.

The better way to implement something like that would have been to design
the SBEC with an extra control input (coming from a dash mounted switch)
which would allow you to select an alternate performance profile stored in
the PROM.

Sounds like a fun design project. Anybody know where you can get schematics
for the SBEC, a programmer's reference for the processor, and the source code
for the stock and MP PROMs? I'm sure CC would love to give out that info.
However, the aftermarket PROM folks like Jet have to get this kind of info from
somewhere - do they reverse engineer the Mopar SBEC?

Probably the only alternative is an aftermarket computer with programmable
advance.

jeff
98 RC 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55SG