Re: K&N HELP!

From: RLewis7785@AOL.COM
Date: Fri Feb 06 1998 - 18:46:21 EST

<< If my base didn't have the airhose hookup I'd get one of those open
 element valve cover breathers. Is there any drawback to this? It may
 not be emissions legal but the do it yourself FABM is not exactly CARB
 exempt either.

MIke,

I cannot see where this would help or hurt. The PCV system is such a low
volume airflow, and has zero effect on performance. You gotta make sure the
air is filtered well, cause any dirt goes straight into the oil system (and
would seem to be more harmful even than contaminants in the combustion air).
Just a note, with the Replacement air cleaners (K & N, Edelbrock, etc.), the
breather air comes from the filtered side, on the stock setup, the air comes
from the dirty side). Shoudn't have any effect on emissions testing, would
only be an issue during an underhood inspection.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Black and SIlver.