Re: digest version?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 12:23:54 EST

At 08:23 PM 2/8/98 -0600, David A DiSanti wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I need to receive the list via digest. Could somebody backchannel me wi
>instructions?

  Oops, I just sent a "non-reply" to the list. Sorry about that. :-)

 Here's the info:

  To switch to the digest version, you have to unsubscribe from the
"normal" version, and subscribe to the digest version. (It doesn't matter
which order you do them in.)

  Here's the info message for the list which contains the information about
how to subscribe/unsubscribe:

"normal" mode, you will receive messages as other members post them
to the list. ("real-time") However, this results in a lot of messages,
and some people find it hard to manage. If you prefer, you can
subscribe to the "digest" version of the list, which saves the messages
and then sends them to you in one "chunk". The digest gets sent out
every night at midnight. It will also get sent out if the digest
reaches a predetermined size. (If you are already subscribed to the
"normal" mode and you'd like to switch to digest mode, you'll have to
unsubscribe from dakota-truck, and subscribe to dakota-truck-digest.
The same goes for switching from digest to "normal" mode, except you'd
be unsubscribing from dakota-truck-digest, and subscribing to
dakota-truck, of course.)

 To subscribe to the Dakota Mailing List, simply send an e-mail message to
majordomo@buffnet.net. In the body, write:

subscribe dakota-truck

  (for the "normal" version or...)

subscribe dakota-truck-digest

  (for the digest version)

--------

To leave the list send a message to majordomo@buffnet.net, and in the body,
put:

unsubscribe dakota-truck

   or

unsubscribe dakota-truck-digest

   (Depending on which version of the list you are subscribed to.)

--------

   Alternatively, you can also subscribe, unsubscribe, etc. via the WWW
at the following URL:

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/CGI-BIN/dml.html

   Once you are subscribed, you can post to the list by sending your messages
to dakota-truck@buffnet.net

Purpose of the Dakota Mailing List:

    To provide a forum of discussion for all aspects of Dodge's
Dakota (and the related Durango) truck. Related items would be
well within the charter as well. (i.e. Magnum engines, Dodge ABS,
etc.) Basically, anything even remotely related to the Dodge Dakota
(or Durango).

Where to report problems: