RE: Bug Deflectors

From: Chris Ruggiers (Ruggiers@telepath.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 13:11:54 EST

>Edgar Perez asked: re: Bug Deflectors
>

> 1. Do you find yours makes noise at highway speeds (and what kind)?

I've had Deflecta-Shields (and nothing but) on my last four trucks: 88
Bronco II, 91 DAK, 96 Plymouth Voyager and 98 QCab. Deflecta-Shields come
with little rubber bumpers that stick to hood underneath the deflector and
keep the deflector from rubbing on the paint. Noticed no wind noise. I
wouldn't use anything else.

> 2. Have you noticed if you get better or worse mileage having the
deflector?

Noticed no difference in MPG before/after on any of the first three
vehicles; QCab (5.9L/360ci) still breaking in --- after four tanks of gas,
MPG 11.8, 12.3, 12.9, 13.1 mixed city/highway.

Chris
98 QCab 5.9L stock