Re: Clone Mess up.

From: RLewis7785@AOL.COM
Date: Sun Feb 08 1998 - 18:53:06 EST

<< After that, I'm
 never even trying to install anything myself, I'm just not competent
 enough.
 Robert Trottmann (probably last post) >>

Hey Robert,

Thats a pretty sad story, but I wouldn't get too down on yourself. We all
F@#k things up now and again.

As for the Edelbrock not fitting, that is a question that was just about to
post. The Edelbrock (or Mr Gasket, etc.) aftermarket cleaners say they fit on
standard 5-1/8" Carbs. When I measure my TB, I get 5" on the nose. When I
install minem, I'll have 1/6" to the side of play. For you guys who have done
this, how have you overcome this (adapter plate, etc.), or do you just live
with the play. Also, what do you guys do to seal the cleaner to the TB (maybe
gaskets that come with the kit)

P.S. I am about a week away from buying one of these and installing it. (My
wife is getting it for me for Valentines day)

Sympathies
Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Black & Silver