RE: RE: '97 Mopar headers

From: Craig Baltzer (cbaltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 21:58:45 EST

"Seat of the pants" improvement is noticible, particularly in the upper
RPM ranges (3K and up). The truck will break the rears loose in 1st
again at 3.5K with just nailing the throttle, which it didn't do stock.
I'm kicking myself that I didn't run "before and after GTech" times but
I will before I put on the blower in the spring. Hand timing with a stop
watch shows a 0-60 at 7.2 sec (vs. 8.4 new and stock). How much of that
is "break-in" and how much of its mods I'm not really sure (and how much
is bad timing with the stopwatch, etc, etc, etc.)...

The headers did require a bit of welding to get installed; all they said
on the box from Mopar was "1997 4x4 Dakota" (there was no "auto" or
"5spd" listed on the box).. The cam was simply listed as the "Magnum V-8
camshaft package" and there was only one available. Are there more than
one cam for the "Magnum" engines this year? There are a ton for the
"small block A engine" listed in the '97 catalog but I don't think those
are for the pre Magnum series motors...

Craig

Craig Baltzer - Anjura Technology Corp - Ottawa, Ontario
Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com - (613) 727-1411