Re: New engine

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 13:29:11 EST

At 12:18 PM 2/10/98 , you wrote:
>Maybe we should start flooding the Dodge homepage with requests that they
>keep the 318 and 360 as options in the future, and also tell everyone we
>know to do the same, maybe if they get enough requests to keep it an
>option they will realize how popular they are and keep making them in the
>future, it's worth a try anyway, I'm going to the homepage right now to
>send my request.....
>
>Bruce

Bruce, although my Dak is a V6, I've had other vehicles with V8's
(including the 318) so I certainly sympathize with what you are trying to
do, but I'm afraid you are wasting your time. Big companies (even CC) don't
care about who's bought what in the past, they just care about what will
generate income in the future. People on this list are generally an
exception, but the fact is that most people in the general public would
prefer a smaller more fuel efficient engine that produces the same power
than to keep an older model just for nostalgia's sake. Me, I'd love to be
able to buy a new Mustang with a monster 427 side-oiler in it but that just
ain't gonna happen. (for those of you who are violently anti-Ferd, how
about a Neon with a 440 in it?) The 318 and 360 won't be around forever.
Who knows, you might even like the new ones better.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed