Re: Cowl vs Ram air Hoods.

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 01:29:31 EST

--------------CF5A58CDB40767F4CA44A709

To heck with fiberglass, who makes a reinforced steel hood, that can
withstand the stresses of air-cleaner installation?
I figured it out today, my truck's hood is going through puberty. It just
has a pimple. I cleaned it out with alcohol, so it should go away in a few
days, and I won't need a new hood.
Y'all should see the new center-mounted antenna I got. It's really short
and wide, but compared to other antennas, it is very areodynamic. Most can
be painted body- color, but the top is bare- metal colored.
:^>

Michael Clark wrote:

> Robert Trottmann wrote:
> >
> Is one more prone to damage (no smart- ass
> > comments here.)?
>
> Awww, c'mon Robert I had a good one..... :~) We're just havin' fun with
> ya! But the thing is you learned from it, next time I bet you don't
> mess up anything.
>
> --
> ----
> Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
> '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto, DDBC
> K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back dual, MP SBEC
> Doug Thorley Headers, Moroso Blue Max wires
> 180 degree thermostat, WaterWetter, Brass cap & rotor
> one and only 1/4 mile time of 15.08 @ 90.82
> My Dakota page=> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
> Dakota Webring=> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html

--------------CF5A58CDB40767F4CA44A709

<HTML>
To heck with fiberglass, who makes a reinforced steel hood, that can withstand
the stresses of air-cleaner installation?
I figured it out today, my truck's hood is going through puberty.
It just has a pimple. I cleaned it out with alcohol, so it should
go away in a few days, and I won't need a new hood.
Y'all should see the new center-mounted antenna I got. It's really
short and wide, but compared to other antennas, it is very areodynamic.
Most can be painted body- color, but the top is bare- metal colored.
<B><FONT SIZE=+1>:^></FONT></B>