Re: Cat-back

From: Bill Mullens (xring@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 11:33:54 EST

>I'm getting ready to upgrade my exhaust system so I thought I would
take a
>look underneath and see what it was going to take. I have a '96 CC V6,
boy
>was I surprise! the Y-pipe is almost flat on the drivers side, they
used
>small diameter pipe and the muffler is all the way in the back....
>

>Jim

Jim and all,
They mash that y-pipe to miss the front axle on 4x4's, and use the same
pipes for 2wd. Irritating, isn't it?

Headers are expensive from what I've seen. But you can get a flowmaster
3" in/dual 2.5" out from summit racing (http://www.summitracing.com) for
~$52. For high flow cats, try Don's Rod Shop, 1-800-888-892, I got the
number from the Shelby Mailing List, but have never tried them, they
used to have 2.5" high flow cats for about $60 each.
Hope it helps,
Bill
'89 Shelby Daytona, MP computer, etc.
'94 Dakota 5.2L, 5-sp, 3.55 posi, MP computer, K&N, March pulleys,
AR-593's and 255/60-15 SS10's ready for spring.