5.2 V8 Ticking Sound

From: Bob Bernstein (bobbern@voicenet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 10:59:16 EST

I posted a question a few weeks ago about a ticking or putting sound when I
accelerate from a stop, or really get on the gas. Not so noticeable when the
truck warms up, but still there.

After many theories (exhaust leak, poor gasoline, advanced timing, etc..) I
brought the truck to the dealer and had them hook it up to the computer.

Final determination:

Sound is normal for Magnum V8. "That sound" I hear is the injectors pumping.

No problem found, no charge. I can live with that.

Any thoughts or comments?

Bob B.
Philadelphia