Re: Gibson exhaust installation

From: DAVID D. THEDE (tnadoman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 22:58:29 EST

You wrote:

>Has anybody installed their own Gibson cat-back system, either single
or
>duals? I assume that the new pipes come already expanded for slip fit.
>Will I need a pipe splitter to pull apart the stock pipes (the truck
is
>still pretty new)?
>
>Anybody run into installation or clearance problems with the Gibson
dual
>cat-back setup when running the drivers side pipe around the spare and
>hitch? Do they supply the additional required hangers and clamps,
etc.?
My Gibson Dual setup would not fit around my 31x10.50 spare tire on my
'97 4x4. I had to remove the spare and put it in the back. Its now
covered with a SnugTop "SnugFit" fiberglass tonneau cover.

Someone on the list said they did not have the same problem with the
Flowmaster.

Dave
'97 Dakota Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4
K&N FIPK clone