Re: Gibson exhaust installation

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 08:56:37 EST

I would say that the headers would make the MOST marked improvement,
followed by the muffler. As far as "fake duals" go, I agree.....There
cant be much gain just by adding an extra exhaust pipe after the exhaust has
had to flow through ONE pipe, muffler and cat almost its whole trip.

>From what I understand, the exhaust pulse is most effected by the first
several feet of exhaust. This is why headers make such a difference...how
well they scavange gases from the cylinder.

I talked to a Dak hot-rodder (turned his 94 into a strip truck) and he said
the only way to get dual performance is to get true duals. WHich, on the
Dak, requires re-locating the gas tank to the bed.

 The most marked single improvement was the