Re: bottle mechanic

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 14:57:52 EST

At 08:24 PM 2/19/98 , you wrote:

>Talk about marketing....synthetic oil is maybe the biggest marketing con in
>years. Super premium price and almost no benefit to 99% of the driving
>population. You live in Alaska or Ecuador, maybe. In the US the
>advantages are miniscule at best. That's why their demo's are always oil in
>a frying pan or in a freezer....very graphic, but no relationship to the
>real world.
>
>So if you're using synoil, you've already bought into the "ridiculous
>claims".

You've obviously never seen my wife start up her van and have it in gear
and going down the road before the starter motor quits spinning. I gave up
on trying to get her to warm up a vehicle a long time ago and started using
synthetic oil because it gets into the upper part of the engine quicker.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed