Re: O2 sensor

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 00:12:50 EST

On 2/22/98, at 9:36 PM, Brad Griffin wrote:

Here is where the problem
>arrives.,,,cant find the darn thing! Perhaps my eyesight is going but I
>just don't even see it! If anyone could help me with this problem or have
>another suggestion I would be grateful! BTW,,truck is a 94 CC, 4x4, 318.

Hi Brad, I think you might have "fun" with this one. I replaced my O2 when
I put headers on. It was easy for me, because I was able to do it after I
had the crossover pipe taken out. Trying to unscrew that thing while the
crossover is in place is a MAJOR pain. I don't know if the 4X4 makes it
any harder to get to but it probably does. To find it, just crawl under
the truck (shouldn't be a problem for the 4X4) and find where the two
exhaust manifolds come together into one pipe. Just after that you will
find the O2 sensor with three wires coming out. Your truck is OBD1 so
there is only one sensor. I forget what size but it should just unscrew if
you are able to get a wrench in place. On mine, the wires go from the
sensor, up and over the tranny to the drivers side and plug into .... I
forget where but just follow the wire. When I bought my new sensor there
were two different ones listed, a long and a short. Make sure yours will
be long enough before pulling the old one. I got the longer one, but it
was more than I needed, but I'd make a bet with yours being a CC you'll
need the longer one. Make sure to put some anti-seeze compound on the
threads if it doesn't have any on the new sensor before you install it.

Good luck and I hope this helped.

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com