syn oil

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 22:02:53 EST

  If I were to drive 20,000 miles per year, that'd be $100 per year, or
$8.33
per month.

   For me, that isn't cost prohibitive after I factor in the peace of mind
that I get from using synthetic oil.<<

Ahhh, peace of mind for $500. Exactly the same rationale that millions of
Slick 50 users cite. And they get 50,000 miles worth for just $15.00. :-)
Seriously, if it feels good, go for it. But it just further demonstrates
to me that both synoil and Slick 50 sell their users on the same basis.
Fear. "Use me and something bad won't happen to your engine". Using dino
oil won't cause my engine to fail one mile earlier than using synoil...and
vice versa. So, if I have to choose who gets the $500 - me or Mobil -
guess who wins?!