Re: Brakes and Shocks.

From: Keredt@AOL.COM
Date: Wed Feb 25 1998 - 23:37:19 EST

<<
 Underlined portions are relevant, everything else is intro. stuff.
 Just a quick question or two before I leave for spring break:
 1) Last time I had my Dak in the shop for an inspection, they said my
 brakes had about 1500 miles left on them. 1500 has come and gone, not
 to mention the fact that I'm driving 790 miles on Friday. Any
 suggestions on pad replacement? Are there better pads, or
 is a pad a pad?
 2) I remember a long time ago, I was asking around about exhaust, and
 somebody who had my Dak on a hydro lift said my rear shock was slightly
 leaking. No one has mentioned this ever since, they were probably
 trying to con a kid into buying something he didn't need, but.....
 If/when I do replace shocks, any suggestions there? My rear has been
 lowered 2" w/ blocks, and I don't usually haul heavy loads of stuff.
 Anything to avoid or go for in the way of shocks? I just have this
 weird feeling that when I take my truck in for pads, I'm going to get a
 list of stuff that needs to be replaced 'cause it's old. Just a hunch,
 I've had it for 20,000 miles and changed nothing but the air filter and
 oil.
 Thank you very much in advance. Knowing my experience w/ a damn air
 filter, are shocks easy enough for me to do? (I looked at brake pads in
 my repair manual, no way in heck!)
 Later,
 Robert Trottmann
 rotrottmann@davidson.edu
 Sorry about the long post.

Hey Rob, Why dont you lemme take a look at your truck when we meet next week,
do you have access to a garage, if not I might be able to make some plans so
you can come visit the Dodge Garage in Belleville, Illinois. Nothing but
Dodge trucks as far as you can see. As a matter of fact there is a 65 Crew
Cab Power Wagon built for Mudding, 70 Power Wagon restoration in progress, 77
1t duall 12ft dumb factory plow, 78 1t dually, 81 Crew Cab Cummins frame up
restoration, 85 3/4t Power Wagon w/ tool body, 85 1t dually dump bed lift gate
and snow plow with a 400 cid, and a 92 Cummins Power Wagon.
I'm getting All excited just thinking about it!!

My buddy there is gonna help me make the Traction Bars for my Dak and then
when I get back Im gonna get my 275/60/15's put on all cornors and my Cat back
Dual rear Pipes!!

Keredt