Re: Brakes and Shocks.

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 18:55:51 EST

> Thank you very much. If I do go through with this on my own (doubtful), with 55000 miles on the truck 20000 of it mine, should I just go ahead and bleed the fluid? Should I turn the rotors if I have time/effort? I understand that this MUST not be don
e, but _should_ it be done?
> Thanks again,
> Robert Trottmann
> rotrottmann@davidson.edu
> Davidson, NC
> St. Louis, MO

You don't have to turn the rotors, but if you've got 55K on your truck I'd
say it would be a good idea, it's probably time and by turning them you
can also have them checked for warpage (Daks seem to be really bad about
this) my motto is better safe than sorry, and it'd be a good idea
to bleed the brakes also, again you don't have to, but personally I like
the peace of mind that comes with having clean fluid in the system...

Bruce
Atlanta, GA