Bad fuel pump???

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 19:46:17 EST

Ok, I have posted this before, but diddnt have the info I have now.

PRoblem: Erraticly and occasionally the truck would not start after being
run for a while. Turn off the engine, pump some gas (for intance) and try
to start, no good....Acted like it was starvin for juice or somethin.

Well, the damn thing did it TODAY (after getting home from having the OD
unit rebuilt, no less!) in my driveway (first time ever!).

So, I hooked up the old fuel pressure gauge....NO PRESSURE AT ALL.

As I was allowing fuel pressure out of the gauge, the vinyl drain line first
felt very cool (like cool gas) and then , all of a sudden, damn hot!!!

LEt the truck sit for about 20 minutes- 1/2 hour, started right up.

ANy ideas?? I would say fuel pump, but could there be some type of control
electronics that are screwy??

BTW.....its a 92 Dak, V8 4x4

Thanks all!