Re: backfire and poor idel

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 01 1998 - 01:06:15 EST

From:Tim Roller<starwolf@bewellnet.com

To: M.Clark

>welcome to the advanced age of computer aided solenoids and electronics
Mike. It appears you checked out many items and are going to be checking out
a few more, so I'll give my $.02 worth also.
  Check your fuel pump pressure and regulator with key on -then do check
with vehicle running and see if there differences and pressure drops out of
the ordinary with manual.
  I'm unsure of which servo it is, but there are two of them-one is for cold
start that acts like the choke valve and the other one is warm start servo.
If the cold start servo is going bad it may act as if it's cold and give you
a too rich condition when the engine is hot and not open up correctly when
the engine is cold and give you that same condition as if chocking out.
Dodge may have incorporated these two valves into one unit though. This is
where a manual comes in handy to do a breakdown of the many different
solenoids and see what their functions are for. Hope you get it fixed with
little or no money outlay.