Re: backfire and poor idel

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 03:45:19 EST

Jeff Lee wrote:

> Seems to me that the only way to get a backfire through intake system is
> either a stuck valve :(, or the ignition timing is off due to
> malfunctioning computer or sensors. I saw a number of posts recommending
> sensors to check, but how about the MP SBEC? If you still have your
> stock SBEC, you might try swapping it back in and see if the problem
> remains. While your at it, you might check that all of the connectors to
> the SBEC look clean and are firmly attached.
>
> jeff
> 98 RC 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55SG flares

Thanks for the idea Jeff, but that was one of the first things I tried.
I put everything back, as close to stock as I could get it. Stock SBEC,
stock air box ..... still did it. Connections on the SBEC are nice and
solid. I'm still searching. Here lately it seems to have subsided a
little bit. Still does it, just less frequently.

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com