Re: Childseat in 97 CC DAKOTA

From: RLewis7785 (RLewis7785@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 02 1998 - 19:19:27 EST

<< have a baby ( March 7), and have a question about putting a childseat
 or infant seat in the middle of the Club Cab part. Will it fit? If not,
 we will plan to go with a full size Ram. She want a Club Cab so the
 Indy Ram is out. (sob,sob).

   If anyone has put a Childseat in their Dakota, the info would be
 helpful.

 Thanks
 John Braxton 1989 Shelby Dakota #1116 (1,700 miles)
 John Braxton Sr. 1989 Shelby Dakota #1036 (140,000 miles) >>

John,

I have three children, and we can all fit my Dak, no problems. Mine is a '92,
but I believe that the interior room hasn't changed much. Just a few comments
- My youngest was just born in November, and the rear facing infant seat
(carrier type) goes in the middle OK, but I can't quite put my seat all the
way back. When the baby is over 20 lbs, you can switch to the forward facing
seat type, and these fit beutifully in all seating positions. Be sure to read
and understand all instructions that come with the seat you buy, and use it
properly (locking clips, etc.). If you get a seat that doesn't seem to fit
well, take it back and try another brand/type. We experimented with two
before we got the one we have now (fitting the Dak wasn't the problem, it was
my wifes car)

P.S. Sorry for the incomplete reply, I accidentally hit the send button.

Richard Lewis
Houston (Tomball), Texas
E-Mail : rlewis7785@AOL.COM

92 Dodge Dakota Club Cab, LE Trim
318 C.I.D V8
3.55 Rear Axle Ratio
"Weak" Automatic Tranny
Two Tone Black & Silver
Leer Crown Series Topper Painted to match.
Mopar Bedliner
EdelBrock 1002 Air Cleaner.
Firestone Firehawk SS10 235/70R15